the inspiring rooms of plain english...
- "Plain English is a traditional joinery company.
- We use the techniques of 18th and 19th century cabinetmakers.
- Skilled joiners make our cupboards by hand in our Suffolk workshop.
- We don't like gadgets and plastic bits.
- Most of our drawers run on candlewaxed wooden runners.
- Our shelf pegs are hand turned for us by a small company that makes wooden nails.
- Our baskets are hand-woven for us in Suffolk from willow grown along the banks of the River Box.
- The local forge makes our iron shelf brackets and hanging pot rails.
- The pull-out trays in our floor cupboards were copied from the slides in an 18th century linen press."